I can’t wait till the Summer berries season’s coming!!!!! We can see some in the markets recently already, but I can’t wait until the raspberries and blueberries are ripe and ready for picking.
This easy blueberry oat crumb bars recipe is really easy to make. I have these tasty bars as breakfast or afternoon snacks. The blueberries can be replaced with any berry as your preference. The crunchy crumbs on top with the chewy, sweet and sour berry filling taste really great together!!
Servings: 11" x 7" pan Total Time: 70 mins Difficulty: easy
- 2.5 cups old fashioned rolled oatmeal
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup raw or brown sugar
- 3/4 cup cold unsalted butter
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp aluminum free baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 4 cups blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 4 tsp cornstarch
- Cut the butter into small pieces and use your hand or pastry cutter to combine the dry ingredients and egg together to form the cookie dough.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. In a large bowl, well mix the blueberries, sugar, lemon juice, and cornstarch.
- Prepare a 11″ x 7″ baking pan with one sheet of parchment paper which could prevent sticking and easier to transfer the bars later. Place half of the oatmeal cookie dough at the bottom and press into one firm base layer.
- Pour in the blueberry filling mixture and well spread the berries.
- Sprinkle the rest of oatmeal cookie dough on top in chunks, then bake in preheated oven (350°F) for 50 to 60 minutes or until golden on top and filling bubbling.
If using fresh blueberries, the baking time may reduce to 45 mins or less. I used frozen berries, so it took me about 1 hour to make ready and I felt it could stay in the oven even a little longer next time. You can always check the status on the crumbs and filling once and a while after baking 40 minutes though.
Remember, be patient and wait until the whole sheet is completely cooled before you cut into bars and transfer to the plate to have solid bars. They can be stored in containers in the fridge for up to 2 weeks. Enjoy~
- 2.5 杯大燕麥片
- 2 杯中筋麵粉
- 1 杯砂糖或黑糖
- 3/4 杯冷無鹽奶油
- 1 顆蛋
- 1 小匙無鋁泡打粉
- 1 小搓鹽
- 4 杯藍莓 (新鮮的或冷凍的都可以)
- 1/2 杯糖
- 1 大匙新鮮檸檬汁
- 4 小匙玉米粉
- 預熱烤箱 350°F 。將藍莓、糖、玉米粉和檸檬汁均勻混和在一個大碗中，備用。準備一個中型烤盤，底層墊一層烤盤紙以便之後取出藍莓條。