The weather is getting warmer, and the spring is coming. This dish totally illustrates my impression of spring. A little bit of refreshing, savory, citrusy, and aromatic from the wine, the herbs, the shellfish, and the lemon juice. Adding a string of fresh thyme and the lemon zests really brings up the flavor to the next level.
Mussels, of course, plays the main role of this dish. You must pick out fresh and good quality mussels. Otherwise, the whole dish is ruined with really fishy and unwelcome taste. I’m still trying to figure out how to clear out the little stones inside the shell. I have brushed the shell and debeard the mussel. However, I still found some little stones in some of my mussels while we were eating. I have read many articles and watched videos showing how to clean mussels. All of them just taught me to brush and debeard the mussels. None of them taught the tricks to get rid of the little stones though. Anyone have a better idea?
After all, this dish tastes amazing. Just be aware of these unwelcome stones might jeopardize your teeth. 😛
Servings: 2-3 Total Time: 30 mins Difficulty: easy
- Mussels 1 pack (about 30 mussels)
- Butter 2 tbsp
- Freshly pressed garlic 6-7 cloves
- Fresh thyme string
- Lemon zest 1 tbsp
- White wine 1 cup
- 1/2 fresh lemon juice
- Some freshly cracked black pepper
- In a large sauce pan, melt the butter and stir fry the garlic and lemon zests until aromatic.
- Then fry in the cleaned mussels. Pour in white wine, place in thyme stings, crack some black pepper, then put on the lid for about 3 mins or until all of the shells are opened. Squeeze some fresh lemon juice before serving!!
- 淡菜 1 包 (約 30 顆)
- 奶油 2 大匙 (2 格)
- 新鮮蒜末 6-7 顆
- 新鮮百里香束 一小把
- 檸檬皮末 1 大匙
- 白酒 1 杯
- 1/2 顆檸檬汁
- 粗粒黑胡椒 少許
- 炒入處理好的淡菜，倒入白酒、百里香束、現磨一些黑胡椒，蓋上蓋子悶煮約 3 分鐘，或直到淡菜殼都打開。上桌前擠上新鮮檸檬汁，就可以開動囉！