Leftovers are always a headache for small families. I just used turkey leftover from Thanksgiving and turn it into a brand new dish. The perfect weekend brunch!!!
You can always prepare more pie crust dough and just freeze it. I would defrost the dough the night before making pies and then roll it onto the pie pan and put it back to the fridge. In this way, the pie shell would have enough time to rest in the fridge to prevent shrinking from baking.
Also, I would suggest you prepare the filling vegetables and meats the night before. All you need to do the next morning is baking the pie shell, assembling the filling and then baking the quiche. This would save so much prep time. 🙂
Servings: 9" pie Total Time: 2 hrs Difficulty: easy
- Unsalted butter 1/2 cup (1 stick)
- All purpose flour 1 1/2 cup
- Salt 1 tsp
- Sugar 1/2 tsp
- 1 large egg
- Ice milk or water 60 ml
- Broccoli 1 1/2 cup diced
- Onion 1/2 head diced
- Mushroom 1 cup diced
- 1 roasted potato
- Turkey breast 1 cup diced
- 4 large eggs
- Heavy cream 1/2 cup
- Salt 1 tsp
- Fresh cracked black pepper
- Onion powder 1 tsp
- Garlic powder 1 tsp
- Thyme leaves 1 pinch
- Shredded cheddar cheese MANY
- Dice the cold butter and keep it cold while preparing other ingredients. Measure milk or water and put it in fridge. Scramble eggs and put it back to the fridge as well.
- Mix the flour, salt and sugar in a large bowl. Place in the cold butter. Use your hand or a pastry blender to smash the butter with flour into pea sized little chunks. (This is the most crucial part to have a flaky pie crust. Remember to keep everything cold and fast to prevent melting the butter.)
- Use a scraper (or I just use a rice paddle,) to slowly mix in the egg and milk to form the pastry dough. It is fine if the dough seems a little dry. Don’t knead the dough!! Just put it all into a plastic wrap and form it into a dough. Then put the pastry dough back in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
- Prepare a working desk with plenty of flour dusting. Roll the dough into a 11-12 inch circle, 1/8 of an inch thick crust and then place it onto the pie pan.
- Use a fork to thoroughly prick the side and the bottom, then place the pan back in the fridge for another 30 mins or more. (This can prevent the crust from shrinking when baking.)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Bake the pie shell for 10 mins and then take it out for cooling.
- Cut broccoli into small chunks and then boil it. Stir fried diced onion and mushroom until golden.
- Whisk eggs, heavy cream, salt, pepper, onion and garlic powder in a large bowl.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Place one layer of cheese, half of the vegetable and diced turkey mix, then another layer of cheese, then the other half of vegetable and turkey. Pour in the egg-cream mixture.
- Topped the quiche with a thick layer of cheese, then bake for 40 mins or until cheese turn brown.
Becareful!! it’s super HOT!!!
將派皮、餡料前一天準備好，週末早上起床只要組合一下送進烤箱，就有香噴噴的法式鹹派早午餐囉!! 烤雞或是肉類沒吃完的剩菜，都可以加進去當作派餡。稍微變化一下就成為另一道美味的料理~ 這也是我經常用來消耗剩菜的小偷吃步喔!!
- 無鹽奶油 1/2 杯 (1 條)
- 中筋或低筋麵粉 1 1/2杯
- 鹽 1 小匙
- 糖 1/2 小匙
- 1 顆全蛋
- 冰牛奶或冰水 60 ml
- 花椰菜 1 1/2 杯切丁
- 洋蔥 1/2 顆切丁
- 磨菇 1 杯切丁
- 馬鈴薯 烤熟切丁
- 烤火雞胸肉 1 杯切丁
- 4 顆全蛋
- 鮮奶油 1/2 杯
- 鹽 1 小匙
- 現磨黑胡椒 適量
- 洋蔥粉 1 小匙
- 大蒜粉 1 小匙
- 百里香末 1 小搓
- 切達起士絲 很多!!
- 將麵粉、鹽、糖在大碗中拌勻。將奶油放進乾粉料中，用手或是切拌刀將奶油搓成小顆粒狀，大約豌豆仁的大小。所有材料保持冰冷、動作要快，避免讓奶油融化是派皮要酥的關鍵喔!! (天氣冷、手腳冰冷最適合做派皮了 :P)
- 用刮刀(我喜歡用飯匙)將蛋液分次拌入奶油麵粉粒中，再慢慢少量加入冰牛奶做成麵糰。不可以揉麵出筋，不然派皮就不酥了，烤的時候還會縮!! 麵糰看起來乾乾的甚至有一些裂痕或小塊沒有黏在一起是正常的。將派皮麵糰用保鮮膜包起來，按壓成一個球狀，冰進冰箱至少1個小時。
- 在工作檯上準備大約半杯的麵粉當手粉，擀麵棍也要均勻抹上麵粉。將派皮擀成直徑 約 11-12 吋圓，厚約 0.3 公分的派皮，放進派盤中。
- 用叉子均勻在派皮邊、底上戳洞，將派盤冰回冰箱中至少 30 分鐘。(這個步驟可以冷卻剛剛擀麵產生出來的麵筋，烤的時候比較不會變形)
- 預熱烤箱 350°F。將派皮烤 10 分鐘後拿出來冷卻備用。
- 預熱烤箱 350°F。在烤好放涼的派皮上，放一層起士絲、一半的蔬菜與火雞肉塊、再放一層起士絲、再放另一半的蔬菜火雞肉塊。均勻倒入蛋液。
- 最後在派頂上灑一層厚厚的起士絲。送進烤箱烤約 40 分鐘，或到起士變成焦糖色。