Unlike other baking goods, baking cookies is the easiest, the least time consuming, and the most spontaneous. You don’t need to worry about the exact measurement or you will mess up. You can also easily adjust any ingredient to your own preference.
I tried this recipe from the food network oatmeal cranberry cookies recipe but I reduced the total sugar amount since the dried cranberries are sweet and I don’t like my cookies being too sweet. Also, I happen to have some chocolate chips left in my fridge for a while. Why not give it a try? I think. Surprisingly, it turned out tasting really good with a little bitter-sweetness flavor to the cookies. Yum~
Servings: 40-50 cookies Total Time: 40 mins Difficulty: easy
- Unsalted butter 1 cup (2 sticks)
- Dark brown sugar 1 cup
- 2 eggs
- Pure vanilla extract 1 tsp
- [dry ingredients] All purpose flour 1 1/2 cup
- [dry ingredients] Aluminum free baking powder 1 tsp
- [dry ingredients] Salt 1/4 tsp
- [dry ingredients] Ground cinnamon 1 tsp
- Old-fashioned rolled oats 3 cups
- Dried cranberries 1/2 cup
- Chocolate chips 1/2 cup
- Soften butter in room temperature (or I just microwaved it for about 30 seconds.) Well beaten the butter with sugar until smooth and creamy.
- Scramble 2 eggs (better in room temperature as well.) Slowly mix the eggs into creamed butter in 2-3 portions.
- Mix in the vanilla extract and all the [dry ingredients].
- Use a scraper, slowly fold in the rolled oats. Then fold in the dried cranberries and chocolate chips. Put the cookie dough back in the refrigerator for at least 20-30 mins.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. In a large baking sheet, place one sheet of baking paper, scoop about 1-1.5 tbsp size of cookie dough with 1.5 inches apart.
- Bake for 10-12 mins or until lightly golden and then turn off the heat. Let the cookies sit in the oven for another 15-20 mins then place them on the cooling rack to cool down completely. The cookies may seem not completely golden when you take them out from the oven. Don’t worry, it will slowly turn golden when completely cooled.
I like my cookies a little more crunchy than chewy. If you like yours more chewy, just reduce the baking time and take out the cookies earlier to chill.
- 無鹽奶油 1 杯 (2 條)
- 黑糖 1 杯
- 2 顆蛋
- 天然香草精 1 小匙
- [乾粉料] 中筋麵粉 1 1/2 杯
- [乾粉料] 無鋁泡打粉 1 小匙
- [乾粉料] 鹽 1/4 小匙
- [乾粉料] 肉桂粉 1 小匙
- 大燕麥片 3 杯
- 蔓越莓乾 (或其他果乾) 1/2 杯
- 巧克力碎片 1/2 杯
- 加入香草精以及 [乾粉料] 拌勻。
- 烤箱預熱 350°F 同時，在一個大烤盤上鋪一張烤盤紙，每隔4-5 公分放約1.5 大匙的餅乾小圓團。
- 烤10-12 分鐘或餅乾微微變黃。關掉烤箱，讓餅乾在烤箱中用餘溫再烤約15-20分鐘。拿出餅乾到網架上放涼。就可以準備下午茶囉～
嘴饞想吃點零食的時候，烤一點燕麥蔓越莓餅乾，簡單、美味、又健康。我的食譜是參考Food network 的食譜再減糖的配方，吃起來比較不甜膩。裡面的佐料也可以自己依照喜歡的食材做替換喔!!