This is the quickest and easiest way to eat your frozen dumplings. (Also healthiest 🙂 ) All you need to do is to boil water in a deep pot. When water is boiling, put the frozen dumplings in the boiling water (yes… DON’T defrost dumplings.) Stir gently and constantly in case dumplings stick to the bottom. When all of the dumplings float to the top, boil for another 1-2 minutes, then drained and ready to serve. Be careful for the juice inside the dumplings. It’s very HOT!!
Pan fried dumplings
This is my favorite way to eat dumplings. A little less healthy, takes a little more time, but it represents a little indulgence. Tasting and looking sooooo good. 🙂Directions:
- Prepare 1 cup of water and well mix in 1 tsp of all purpose flour
- Heat one non-stick pan with 1 tsp oil in medium to high heat. Place in the frozen dumplings for about 1 min. (yes… DON’T have to defrost, again.)
- Pour in the water-flour mixture. Put the lid on. When water starts to boil, turn to medium heat and let it simmer for about 15 mins.
- After 15 mins, remove the lid and turn to medium to low heat to reduce the water. Slowly cook out the water until it turns golden and crispy.
- Before transferring to the plate, slightly shake the pan and make sure it does not stick to the bottom. Place a plate upside down in the pan, and then turn the pan over to serve.
I love having this spicy, salty and sweet dipping sauce with my dumplings. Adds up more flavor and spice up the whole meal. The ratio of ingredients are just my rough estimates. You can adjust to the taste you like when making it.
- Garlic 4-5 cloves finely minced
- Half fresh chili finely minced (optional)
- Hoisin sauce (or oyster sauce/ mushroom sauce) 2 tsp
- Soy sauce 1 tbsp
- Sugar 1/2 tsp
- Sesame oil 1/4 tsp
- Rice vinegar 1 tsp
- Black bean spicy sauce 1/2 tsp (optional)